Sunday, 4 August 2013

History notes from 'For the Love of a Garden'

'For the Love of a Garden' The history of the Coffs Harbour Garden Club Inc. 1950 to 2005 by Betty Newton & Jack Lawson. The following has been taken from the year 2000 notes.

'2000
Uprooting the Airport Garden: In April and May extensions to the Coffs Harbour Airport Terminal involved the removal of all plants in the garden. They were re-potted and looked after at the Coffs Harbour City Council Nursery. In October re-planting in the new Airport garden began. This garden has taken shape as a more formal and narrower garden, keeping plantings low with a minimum of variety.

Nambour Trip 14 - 18 July: This was another successful coach trip for members, with visits to interesting places. A most enjoyable Christmas in July dinner with everyone receiving a glass of wine and a gift courtesy of the Ginger Mountain Resort in Buderim. On leaving, Rhonda presented a pot plant to the Manager of the Resort who was so delighted with it, he had it labelled "From the Coffs Harbour Garden Club" and placed on the reception desk.

Opening of Coffs Harbour RTA Road Works, 13 August: Hardware House at the Home Base Centre provided a great arrangement in the car park of plants, garden statues and a garden seat, to advertise our Garden Club. Members were present to hand out Garden Club flyers and Garden Competition schedules to people visiting the display. The Home Base Office also contributed a printed sign.'


No comments :

Post a Comment